Monday, May 11, 2009

My update...

So my update I would consider to be good! I played soccer on Saturday, coed indoor. Which for those of you who don't know what that means (Lane dog!) it is exactly like hockey. There is no 'out' and you can sub out on the fly. You are ALWAYS running and sprinting and it is a great workout!

The good news, we won 11-4! The bad news, I hurt my knee. I went in for a tackle and my foot had the ball and stopped, my knee kept going. So I went to visit Gerald, my previous boss, who I am really good friends with and who also played on Saturday. After some wonderful poking and prodding he told me that I partially tore my MCL. Ugh. Not so great! But the good news is I do NOT need another surgery (it is the same knee as my previous 2 surgeries, the whole reason for quitting soccer a few years ago). I can't play in my game tomorrow which is a bummer and no lateral movements for a week.

But the good news is that my ACL is strong and intact, my meniscus was good/not torn and that my quads are keeping my knees tight (which is all good news and what I have to do considering previous injuries!). Oh and did I mention, NO SURGERY!! yay! :)

So that is what is new with me! Just thought I would fill in everyone, since I figured news would travel! Hope everyone else is having a great Monday!

No comments: